Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tool #11 - Self Assessing and Reflecting

1. My favorite tools include  Prezi and Skype. I would like to move my students out of thinking that Power Point is the only way to share their ideas with others in a presentation. Other technology applications such as Prezi and Animoto can expand my students' tool boxes with additional ways to create ways to share their learning that is more interesting than the static way that Power Point presents ideas. Skype is a great way to open up the classroom to the outside world. Even using Skype with another Spring Branch school to exchange ideas will encourage students to expand their thinking beyond the walls of Memorial High School.

2.   This training helped me expand my world with educational applications and saved me a lot of time that I would have spent finding and researching the best options. This 11 Tools training has expanded my collection of choices for students to use as they communicate with others, explore the answers to their questions and share their ideas.The interesting thought about my students is that many are involved in technology areas such as Facebook, looking up things on the internet and typing in a word processing document but have little or no experience with other aspects of technology. That is the new poverty when students lack those skills. Being fully engaged in technology enriches their lives and gives them equality with others when looking for a job or in post-secondary school.

3.  There were no unexpected outcomes of this training. I knew that it would be helpful and it forced me to spend the time exploring and practicing the new technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment