Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tool #7: Reaching Outside your Classroom: Online Digital Projects

I will contact another Physics teacher in Puerto Rico.

Content Objective: Students will demonstrate their understanding of physics concepts in class and engage in a lab where they will teach the students in Puerto Rico Physics class.

Implementation date: March 2013

Tools: Skype using the new classroom, I-Pad 2, students will demonstrate a lab in the unit we are on for students in Puerto Rico.  There will also be a judging sheet with a rubric.

I would like to set up a judging event where both classrooms use Skype so that my students can show their lab and students in Puerto Rico will judge them.  This is a great way to set up a line of communication between students in different parts of world and to show students in both schools how much they have in common. This is a win-win situation for my students.  I am asking a friend I know from Puerto Rico and who is also teaching Physics to collaborate with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment